This special call for small grants is made under The Bahamas Hurricane Dorian Recovery Grant between the Caribbean Biodiversity Fund (CBF) and BPAF. Each project will be supported by the CBF and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development through the German Development Bank (KfW).
Applications will only be considered for activities on or around Abaco and Grand Bahama, and must fall within the purpose of the funding specifically: ecosystem impact assessments, ecosystem-based recovery efforts (including protected areas infrastructure), the provision of water purification systems and renewable energy initiatives, in each case on or around Abaco and Grand Bahama.
To apply, please click on the link/button below.
Funding Purpose and Priorities
All grant proposals must focus on at least one of eight, key BPAF funding priorities. These priorities are displayed in the table below.
Apart from falling within the scope of this special call for proposals, other basic eligibility criteria for grants from BPAF include the following:
- Grantees must be legally incorporated NGOs or Government agencies;
- Proposed projects for grant funding must have consistency of purpose with that of the Fund as outlined in section 6 of the BPAF Act 2014 and
- Proposed projects must align with the funding purpose and priorities identified in Section 2 above.
Activities which are NOT eligible for grants from the Fund are:
- Salaries for public officers of Ministries, Departments or Government agencies;
- Salaries for executive officers and staff of NGOs;
- Recurrent costs of Ministries, Departments or Government agencies;
- Activities related to extraction of non-renewable natural resources and
- Activities that do not align with funding priorities identified by the BPAF Board.
Grant applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with the Hurricane Dorian Grant, BPAF’s funding priorities, Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and Aichi Targets
- Methodology – Grant proposals must clearly articulate it’s impact on the existing project/ program.
- Cost-effectiveness – Grant request should be reasonable and clearly presented.
- Successful grant awardees will be required to provide a grant report within 15 days of purchase or use of funds.
- The grant report must be accompanied by final invoices as well as receipts.